Electronics Atelier: Workshop Hanno Leichtmann
Tutor: Hanno Leichtmann
Workshop for participants of the Darmstadt Summer Course 2016
Maximum capacity: 12
Duration: 4 days
– Music from Loops and Microloops
– Plunderphonics and beyond
Requested technical equipment:
– Apple MacBook or PC Laptop, headphones
– Protools, Ableton, Reaper or Audacity for generating the samples / audio data or for recording the loops
– Reaktorplayer 5 or 6 (free download) or own loop pedals, if applicable with mixer and instruments
– helpful, but not obligatory: MIDI Controller with turning knobs, audio card and Midi interface
Over the first two days of the workshop Hanno Leichtmann will give an introduction to his work of the last twenty years and present its various projects and approaches. Priorities will be his last albums and installations that have arisen on the basis of (sound)archives.
On the following two days Leichtmann will talk about the history and different approaches to sampling and looping, and explain its own techniques and methods, then starting to work with participants. The participants are invited to produce practical examples with their own equipment. Depending on their interests they can develop an own loop composition – alone or in groups. This will be the last step of the four days workshop.